Content Manager: What is it and what does it do?+8 Key Features
- What are the hallmarks of an effective content manager?
- Completely write and proofread the text.
- Deep management of social networks.
- Build healthy interpersonal relationships.
- Organized, organized, and goal-oriented.
- Understand and analyze statistics accurately.
- You can think outside the box.
Content marketing should be conducted with the same responsibility and seriousness that a company faces in the sales process or hiring new employees.
Text, audio, and video production should not be delegated to one corner of the office, nor should it be left in the hands of a nephew, son or grandson who will do an internship for three months. social network. business.
no. A trained professional ( such as a social communication student or journalist if possible ) should be held accountable.
Creating great content is a full-time job that requires someone to put in this effort.
Qualifications, functions, and characteristics of a content manager
Great content managers love to tell stories.
They have the ability to explain countless topics in a simple way to readers who cross their path.
We’re not talking about using fancy words to look smarter than others, but about making each user an industry insider through good writing.
Typically, large enterprises have editors for each type of content (text, audio, or video).
But in a company that’s just starting out, content managers need to take on more than one role and be able to transform ‘plain’ text into the pieces that dominate Google’s front page.
This person must have the good judgment to prioritize the raw content created in the recording or writing session and transform the rough diamonds into polished text ready for display.
In this sense, having video editing skills is a huge bonus.
Today, people increasingly consume audiovisual content such as podcasts and videos.
Anticipating these requirements can position you as a very valuable person in any company.
Good at interviewing
This is a very important differentiator as content managers will most likely need to create content on topics for which they are not experts.
It will be your job to sit down with your company’s subject matter experts and ask the right questions that stimulate the writing of quality texts that teach, help, and inform your readers.
You also need to be able to describe yourself as a consumer in order to create a product that can build trust between potential customers and your company.
Recognizing the potential of social networks
A good content manager understands what content works best for each channel, the best way to share it, and what useful strategies they can apply to connect more with people, all for the good of the brands they work for. must be used.
Because they have to deal with people of different personalities, backgrounds, and cultures, content managers must be friendly, cheerful, and capable of forming great relationships with all members of the team.
Distant people who do not empathize with their environment will find it very difficult to succeed in this position.
Organized and achievement-oriented
Content managers should create editorial calendars tailored to the goals the company wants to achieve.
There must be order in this world. Otherwise, all your content marketing efforts could be wasted.
This person is responsible for organizing interviews and introductions for new team members and setting deadlines.
Each proposed goal requires planning, ordering and monitoring.
Passion for statistics
Content managers should pay attention to the numbers.
It’s important to remember that users are the ones who will show you what they like, how they achieve it, and the format they prefer.
No matter how much you want to position any type of content, it will be your consumers who tell you whether they really like it or not.
So if you want to analyze them later, you need to keep an eye on them.
Numbers alone mean nothing. This is when the content manager’s expertise builds on it and takes positive action.
Ability to think outside the box
Content managers must be creative and always plan how to achieve their goals no matter what obstacles they face.
Great content managers never stop thinking about and finding new ways to motivate their team and turn content into unique pieces that consumers can enjoy.
Basic Responsibilities and Responsibilities of Content Managers
- Publish at least 3 pieces of content (text, video, or audio) each week.
- Continue education: reading, learning new SEO tools or practices, managing web applications, and more.
- Monitor the progress of content creation and ensure compliance with editorial schedules.
- Create an email marketing campaign.
- Perform SEO statistics and analysis of company website.
- Periodically review the performance of your posts on social networks.
- Design special or premium content: courses, conferences, webinars.
- Website Improvements: New Calls to Action, Text or Links .
What tools do content managers use?
- Website Statistical Analysis : Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
- To design email marketing campaigns and understand user behavior within the web : Hubspot.
- If you want to program posts on social networks and monitor their performance, you can use Facebook Creator Studio, Posfity and the internal tools of each platform.
- Use Asana or Trello to track your team’s follow-up on content creation features.
After all, if you analyze all these qualities, you are basically talking about a good communicator.
However, this does not mean that anyone who has not studied this profession cannot be fit for it.
We must remember that the world is increasingly turning towards “what can we do?” or “What are your skills?” You’re moving away from “what job did you study?”
Businesses are looking for people who directly address their needs, regardless of their past.
If these people have never been involved in the world of content creation, there is no doubt that they will need training to ‘think like marketers’ and understand the philosophy of the companies they join. On the other hand, if you are a business owner and hire the right people, you can be confident that you will be able to take your brand to the next level with this new team member.